Friday, April 15, 2011

Nationwide is on your side...we will see about that!

****Warning****

This is a boring, pictureless post.

So, as I mentioned in a previous post Michael's car got broken into on Saturday. There was damage to Michael's car and a lot of our belongings were stolen. The headache of this dilemma started immediately with filing a police report on site. It was immediately followed by me canceling all of our credit cards, ATM Card, putting a "stop-payment" on our checks for checking and savings, as my checks were stolen. So that was just the immediate, what do we have to do RIGHT NOW!

So we did it all, then came home and started going over everything that was stolen and what consequences there where if any. Like, I realized that they stole my checks and my keys, thus having our address and keys to our house and both of our cars- A-W-E-S-O-M-E. So, that night we had to call a 24 hour locksmith to come re-key our house. Sweet. (we are still figuring out the re-keying of our cars)

So, Michael's car is in the shop and it will not be ready til the end of next week, yes, NEXT week. Shoot me. They did over $1000 worth of damage to Michael's car, which is just insane. The car insurance/claim part is pretty simple: We pay our deductible they pay everything else. Excellent. However, the Stolen Property is a different story... Please listen carefully...

Your Auto Insurance does not cover ANY stolen property from your car, you have to use your Home Owners/Renters Insurance for that. So, if you do not have Home Owners/Renters insurance GET IT. Luckily we have insurance, the down side is that you have to pay two deductibles- unsweet. So now, I had to go through the hoopla, "Please give us any original receipts you have for the items stolen" Really, lady, really? Okay. "Or any check copies, or detailed blah blah"...so they want me to somehow try and verify everything that was stolen. I have tried to gather some info for the bigger things, luckily I have a few owners manuals, original boxes, etc. So, basically after adding it all up, the amount of property stolen was: $3192.99

Yikes! So, I need to get the property stolen forms notarized then I am mailing it in to claim and that is when we will find out the truth as to whether or not Nationwide really is on my side....

No comments:

Post a Comment