Friday, April 1, 2011

Dye, Dinner and Dancing!

So last night Veronica, my best friend who is also a hair dresser, came over. She was going to dye my hair...you see, i have a TON of gray. I am not exaggerating. It's pretty awesome and having naturally really dark hair my grays are front and center- Awesome. Even Michael the other day was like "Babe, I think its time you do your hair"...Really? If you know Michael, you know he pays little to no attention to this sort of thing so it must have been really bad.

Processing! Please note this is my "getting my hair done" shirt, notice all the bleach and dye all over it! :)

I promised dinner in trade for dye. So while my hair was cooking Veronica, Isaac (Veronica's should be husband but boyfriend of half a decade), Michael and I sat down to a lovely dinner outside. I made a creamy penne pasta, green salad and Parmesan tomatoes. Everything was delicious, of course, but if you are wanting a side that is super easy and will "wow" people you have to try these tomatoes. Michael isn't that big of a tomato fan and he loves them. Awesome Parmesan Tomatoes! (You can even leave off the oil and they are just as delish.) OHHHH... and the best part is I got to use some of my herbs I am growing! Fresh oregano and parsley from my own backyard.

We then continued to hang out in the backyard and have a few glasses of wine the weather was so nice. Doughs stopped by for a bit too. Then we turned on some good music and started dancing. You see, sometimes our backyard turns into a dance party. Turn up the music and dance. Dance alone. Dance sitting. Dance with a partner. There is a reason that almost every culture on this planet dances, it is freeing no matter how bad you are! Here are some shots from the night!

Look how cute Michael looks in a fedora. I think I'm buying him one for summer, better than ALWAYS a baseball hat.

Pretty V.

Dancing, classy style.

Veronica begging Doughs to dance... he would NOT partake. So weird, he normally isn't stubborn...

Dance, Dance, Dance!

YOU!

We were singing and then Michael struck this awesome pose.

Singing and Dancing- talented!

A sweet moment actually captured. I love him.

Super fun relaxing Thursday night. Had a great day with Sloan and family and then a wonderful night with friends- a perfectly balanced day. This time of year is my favorite. It is getting warmer, stays light longer (which makes me feel like I have sooo much more time during the day), there are more outdoor activities (which I love), flowers are blooming (and already dying over here) and most importantly...people are getting tanner. Bye, bye Winter White! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment