Friday, April 8, 2011

Hush, Little Baby...

So, after I had Sloan, I realized that I had a big problem... I knew NO nursery rhymes or lullabies. Great, 4 days in and I am already a bad mother. I would try to sing some always messing them up, making up words, doing whatever it took to produce some sort of "song" out of my mouth. I remember my mom singing "Hush, Little Baby" to me so that was the song I decided to sing to Sloan the most.  But of course, I couldn't remember the words to save my life. So guess what? I made them up and now my poor daughter listens to this version of "Hush, Little Baby":

Hush, Little Baby, don't say a word, Mama's gonna buy you a Mockingbird and if that Mockingbird don't sing, Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass, Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass should break, Mama's gonna buy you a metal rake

And if that metal rake should rust, Mama's gonna buy you an antique bust

And if that antique bust should crack, Mama's gonna buy you a leather backpack

And if that leather backpack don't carry, Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Larry

And if that dog named Larry don't retrieve, Mama's gonna buy you a bottle of Alieve

And if that bottle of Alieve don't cure, Mama's gonna buy you something that's for sure.

So that is our awesomely, hilarious version of "Hush, Little Baby". Every time I sing it I laugh a little, really... A metal rake??

No comments:

Post a Comment