Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My collection...of women?

Many people have collections. Some people collect coins, old stamps, stuffed animals, frog trinkets. I too have a collection, however, mine is a little bit more off the beaten path. I collect Women, Whimsical Women to be exact. Hmmm, you think? What does she mean? I collect dolls, figurines or statutes of women. The women of course must be whimsical in their own special way. I love my odd collection. My friends and family think it is a little funny, maybe even creepy. And my husband just straight-up doesn't get it. But to me they are special. So please meet some of the wonderful, whimsical women in my life!

These three gems sit on the left side of my mantle.

These two (along with another one pictured below) sit on the right side of my mantle. Only one of my Women has a name and it is the one on the right. She was named "Beth" by my friend Eric.

I love this one!

These three sit on a book shelf in my living room.

Close up

These three also sit on a book shelf in my living room.

Close up, see, not creepy at all.

Close up

Close up

On a huge piece of furniture in my dining room

So there you go, welcome to my collection. I am happy to share with you SOME of my Whimsical Women! 

No comments:

Post a Comment