Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shoo fly, don't bother me!

So, this week we have had some lovely visitors in our kitchen. Fruit Flies. There is just some produce you don't want to put in the fridge and normally I can leave out the fruits or veggies I want... but not this year. This is only the second time in my life we have had fruit flies, normally we go on about our lives without these annoying bastards.

This may not seem like a big deal but fruit flies are about the most annoying bugs ever. They are as annoying as June Bugs are dumb and as annoying as Butterflies are beautiful.

So, if any of you friends have a fruit fly issue this summer, I remembered an old trick (which is ironic because the day after I did this trick my sister-in-law sent me an email with "household tips" and this is one of them). So... all you need is a small bowl, fill it about an inch high with cider vinegar and a few drops of liquid dish soap. It is like a moth to flame for these suckers. (Some people suggest putting saran wrap over the bowl and poking it with tooth picks so it is harder for them to escape, but I find doing it without the cover is just as successful- see below!)




I WILL WHEN THIS BATTLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment