Monday, May 9, 2011

Michael's Surprise 30th Birthday!

WOW! What a couple of weeks, last weekend I had Sloan's 1st birthday and then this weekend was Michael's 30th birthday! It is slightly inconvenient that my daughter and husbands birthdays are only 4 days apart. Especially this year when they were both milestone birthdays! Anywho, after Sloan's birthday I had just one week left to finish preparing for Michael's Surprise 30th birthday party. And the hardest part was that I couldn't talk to him about it or ask him to help clean or pick up the backyard cause he would have known something was up!

So awhile back I sent Michael an email invitation asking him to give me May 7th, ALL day, no questions asked and he had to do what I said! He of course, said yes.  So, I was going to give him surprises throughout the day via envelopes. 


The envelopes!

Envelope #1 Read, "You must sleep in! Until at least 9:00 but you can sleep until as late as 11:00 if would like." After he woke up he opened his birthday presents from me and Sloan!


Opening presents!

:)

Envelope #2 (which Sloan gave him) read, "Get ready you are going to lunch with your favorite girls!" We went and had great salads on a patio- the weather was amazing!

Envelope #3, which I gave him when the doorbell rang read "Answer the door, you are playing golf with Doughs, Phillip and Calhoun. Hurry, you have a tee time to make!" And of course, behind the front door were Calhoun, Doughs and Phillip! He was beyond surprised, it was awesome!

So then, he was gone for the afternoon and that is when I called in the reinforcements, Mom, Dad and my dear friend Emily, to help me set-up the backyard for the big party. We worked for several hours transforming the backyard.

Envelope #4, which Doughs gave him after they were done golfing, had a bandanna in it and read "You must now put this bandanna on and the boys are going to take you to your next destination. I know you probably hate me right now, but just do it!" So the guys blindfolded him and took him back to the house and lead him to the backyard where everyone was waiting and yelled "Surprise!!!" It was great! He was so surprised and got a little teary eyed, I saw it! ;)

So, now that he was finally here we could let the party begin! I was serving fried chicken and beer. So we brought all the food out and began the night. It was a great night, there were about 50 people here to celebrate and enjoy the beautiful spring night!


The backyard

Different view

Table decor, fresh flowers wrapped in burlap, candles and butcher paper with crayons for guests to leave MC birthday notes!

The invitation framed.

We hung about 30 lanterns in the backyard- they looked so festive!

Close up.

Beer!

LOTS of Fried Chicken!

Blindfolded!

Surprised!

Still Surprised!

Everyone waiting!

Calhoun with Tiff and Leon, they came in from Austin for the party!

Grilling Apron Michael's sister made him!

Me and my birthday boy!

Again!

Festive looking at night and Emily growling at the camera.

Lanterns

Viney and Doughs!

Me and Calhoun!

Frightened.

Doughs and V!

Calhoun and Wesley playing some sort of made up yard game with a rubber chicken...

Telling stories!


And this GEM! Someone (Calhoun) put captions on a wedding picture of me and Michael... HILARIOUS!


Thanks so much to everyone who helped me pull off the surprise and helped celebrate Michael turning 30!!! Now, it is time for me to have a relaxing week...oh wait, Michael is opening a new store this weekend! And life continues full speed, gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment