Monday, May 2, 2011

It's a Fiesta, Sloan's turning 1!!!!

Holy Moly, what a week. We celebrated sweet Sloan's 1st birthday this weekend with a FIESTA! I did it the weekend before her birthday because Michael and Sloan's Birthdays ( 1st and 30th this year) are only 4 days apart- and we need next weekend for Michael!

Anywho, the week was full of planning, last minute shopping, cleaning etc. For those that do not know me very well, I love to host, love it. I would have people over every night if I could, so planning a party and throwing it is a super fun project for me! I am a little OCD and a control freak but still throw a good party and can have a good time. So, everything for Sloan's fiesta was trucking along, then the night before her party she had a fever!!!  She, has been sick once in the entire last year and now, the night before her party she has a fever?!?!  Yes, of course I was worried about my baby's well being but also worried that I was going to have to cancel this party! Eeek. Anywho, she woke up with no fever and seemed to be feeling better, so we proceeded to have her party!

We served fajitas, ice cold Mexican beer and Margaritas! It was a great spring day, a little muggy, but the sun did decide to make an appearance so that was treat! Sloan had so much fun and got so many awesome presents! She was not interested in her cake AT ALL- we even tried twice. (I think we will try again on her actual birthday). Most of our guests left around 2:30 and then some "regulars" at the Covington's ended up stay late! We broke out the extra fajita meat and light up the grill and played games. It was such a fun night with friends! So glad to have such great, amazing, fun people in our lives that love me, Michael and Sloan!

Planning? Does anyone else do this? Get out all the serving dishes and label what is going in them? It makes setting up SOO much easier.

Not only does it make it easier, but it is easier for people to help you without putting salsa in the guac bowl! hello!

Setting up!

Someone is excited for her party!

Sloanie is turning 1!

Mommy and Sloan in our matching Mexican dresses!

Birthday Girl!

Emmie and Sloan!

Having fun!

Aunt Roo and Sloan examing the pinata!

DV and Charlotte!

Everyone enjoying the nice spring day!

Happy Birthday, Sloan!

PINATA!

Time to open presents!

WOW!

Happy 1st Birthday Sloan!

UNO! Sloan is UNO!

Not too sure about this!

No, not at all!

Having fun!

Who's gonna knock the pinata down!??!

Stella Bear and Eric!

The Whitesides!

Group Shot

Ash and Brandt!

Dad!

Sara, Char, Stella and Car playing in the sand!

Spence and V!

Uncle Houn and Michael Anne

2nd try... it is going much better!

Maybe... I like it??

Hold on, let me rub my eye withicing all over my hand...

Yeah, that is what happens!

Icing Face!

Pushing her new dolly, Molly in her new stroller!

So much fun!

Some of my favs! Kacy, Vern and Emily!

Spencer buckling up Molly for the ride!

Hillarious!

Doughs was happy about this....

The Campbell-Vines

Uncle Houn and dirty Summer feet- love it!

Michael and Ryan enjoying the night!

It was such a fun day to celebrate Sloan with our families and friends! We are very blessed to have such wonderful people in our life to help us celebrate Sloan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment