Monday, September 19, 2011

Single Parent for a week

Sooooo... Michael had to go out of town Monday thru Friday this week. Michael has to travel some for week, but it isn't to often and it is normally just a night or two... it has never been a full week. So going in to the week I was way skeptical of how exhausted I would be come Friday...and to be honest... it hasn't been that bad AT ALL!!! YIPPEEEE!

I think it is because on a normal day, I am with Sloan all day and I know that come 5 or 6 I will have help, so all day I am anticipating that help. But with Michael not here, I know I have no help so I don't expect it, so it wasn't that bad! I guess it was all about managing my expectations!

And, I didn't cook except one night. Which was AWESOME! I mean, I LOVE to cook. I consider it a hobby....but it was nice not having to do it! Had leftovers, went to my parents for dinner one night, had a frozen pizza one night- it was pretty awesome.

So all in all, my first M-F week alone was pretty good!  Luckily I have my best friend to entertain me! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment