Thursday, August 11, 2011

What a man, What a man, What a mighty good man...

That is how I feel about Michael. What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man, yes he is. Thanks En Vouge for the fabu lyrics!

It is true. Michael and I's story began a long time ago somewhere in 1996 (It actually begin in 1984, as Michael and I found out, after we were married, were in the same preschool class- insane). There were ups, downs, years with barely speaking, fights, make-ups and then the deal was sealed one weekend in Galveston on the beach with a case of beer and bottle of tequila. We drunkly joked about finally giving "us" an official try, well that joke turned into a reality and now that reality is us trying forever. And that is what marriage is- trying. We will try to make us work the best we can, we will try to always be happy, we will try to laugh together, we will try to have a successful life together, we will try to raise beautiful, kind children, we will try to never let the flame die, we will try...we might not always succeed, which is fine, but it is when we stop trying that I will be worried.

I am so lucky I get to try for the rest of my life with this man. Michael is the best partner I could ask for.

He truly is my best friend.
He gets me, when I don't get myself. 
He makes me laugh and smile daily.
His ambition is admirable and his heart is huge.
He livens up a room with his smile.
He calms my nerves.
He is an incredible husband and father.
He makes me want to be the best me.
He has made me the luckiest girl in the world.

Here are some pictures of our journey so far...

Michael and I in preschool, 1984. We are both on the far right, I'm standing and he is sitting. Crazy world.


This is probably in 1996 at the Neylans!

Probably 1997 or 1998 at the Dewan's playing basketball!


2007 at Vern's

My birthday in 2008

New Orleans 2009


March 21, 2009

Here's to trying and trying to never give up on marriage or each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment